Loan / reservation
NOTE: the terms for loan, renewals and reservations can differ according to the library where the document is situated. In some libraries it is not possible to borrow library material or it is only permitted for KU Leuven users. For more infomation on loan conditions please consult the homepages of the libraries.
The actual picking up of an item for loan is only possible at the library desk. Be sure to bring along your required legitimation (staff/student/library card).
The loan period of an item on loan can be extended.
You can renew the loan period:
An item found in the Limo search portal sometimes needs to be reserved. E.g. because it is held in a closed stack room, or because another reader has it on loan.
You can request for reservation:
- at the library desk
- by phone. For telephone numbers, see: Libraries
- Sign in to Limo (top right) and search for the desired document
- In the document record click on "Locations"
- If reservation is possible you are able to click "Request"
- You can follow up on the progress of your reservation via "My Account" (top right).
In case of late return of documents fines are charged. A uniform rate applies in all libraries:
- € 0,50 per item per day.
- For certain items that are on loan on an exceptional and short term basis this fine can be charged per hour.