Wireless internet in library buildings
You can use a wireless internet connection for your laptop, tablet or smartphone in the KU Leuven libraries. That way you can get access to the e-sources of the University Library.
For support in installing wireless connections you can always contact the ICTS Service Desk.
Staff and students of KU Leuven
Configuring a wireless connection requires some effort but afterwards your system will log in automatically each time it detects the wireless network.
- KU Leuven staff can use the 'kuleuven'-network. Through this network you can access some internal KU Leuven websites that you cannot access through eduroam (see below).
- KU Leuven Association staff and students can log in on eduroam. Eduroam is a standard that offers you wireless access in numerous educational and research institutions worldwide. So if you are a staff member who regularly visits other institutions eduroam access is probably more convenient than the 'kuleuven'-network configuration (see above).
External library users
External library users can log in on the 'kuleuven-guest'-network through a temporary account. That is, if they can't already access on eduroam with their own institutional account.
Ask for a personal 'kuleuven-guest'-account at the information desk. This account can be used in all KU Leuven buildings where there are wireless contact points (not limited to the library where you request it). Personal wireless accounts are distributed to the following external user groups (cfr. Access to KU Leuven libraries), with the following conditions:
- Users with one year card: 30 days wireless access (longer period if desired).
- Users with paid or free day card: 1 day wireless access.
- Surf to https://netlogin.kuleuven.be/kuleuven-guest.
- Select "KU Leuven" as institution and enter the requested account information.