Off campus access to e-sources
For remote access (from home as well as abroad) to e-sources that KU Leuven subscribes or has a license to, students and staff are led through EZproxy.
Please mind some license limitations
- Remote access is only possible for staff and students of KU Leuven (with your staff or student number, self supporting doctorandi use their student number). Other users with a valid library card, e.g. alumni or year card, can consult the e-sources only from within the library buildings.
- For some databases remote access cannot be provided (i.e. not even for staff or students). These cases are indicated in Limo.
- Some databases to which the Law Library has a license have special regulations concerning remote access.
How does it work?
The EZproxy lets you login with your staff or students login, after which you have access to e-sources as if you were on KU Leuven campus. In the browser address your can see that the address is proxied: e.g. http://link.springer.com becomes http://link.springer.com.kuleuven.ezproxy.kuleuven.be/.
From Limo or the library website: our links automatically send you through EZproxy
Links to e-sources from Limo or the library website lead you automatically through the EZproxy.
- For off campus search to licensed e-sources you need to log in to Limo first (see top right corner of the Limo screen). Chose “Centrale login” and log in with your KU Leuven login.
- For access to e-sources from the library website: the links to e-sources will lead you through the KU Leuven login to the source you want to consult.
Making an EZproxy address yourself
You can also make a link to an e-source go through the EZproxy, in order to consult it off campus. Of course this only works for e-sources to which KU Leuven has a licensed access.
- Paste the desired url in the box and click “Proxy this url!”.
Or you can make use of a bookmarklet. You can add this to your browser Favorites/Bookmarks. After this, it takes two steps to use the EZproxy-server:
- browse to the desired e-source
- click on the bookmarklet in your Favourites/Bookmarks and you get immediate access through the EZproxy
- For all access problems concerning our electronic collections you can contact the E-sources office of the KU Leuven University Library.
- Platforms or applications that you use within KU Leuven campus but which do not belong to the library collection, cannot be consulted through the proxy. Instead, you can use a VPN-access.